So while I wait for the delivery of my archival DVDs I can do a quick post with some of Kirsten's pictures from her visit with us. For those of you who don't know Kir, she's an old friend of mine from college. We lived in the same hall freshman year at Virginia Tech. It was so awesome to have a friend to chat with, an adult in the house, a partner in indulgent eating, and not the least a Valentine!
Instead of expensive flowers delivered, Mike and I decided to let MJ pick flowers for us. First let me apologize for the rotated image. I fixed it on my computer and every time I uploaded it it was turned. So sorry, but you have to turn your head. Anyway, MJ insisted on every girl's favorite flower for Valentine's Day, black eyed susans??? Mike was on the phone when we were in Costco and told MJ that red means love and since it was Valentine's Day he should get red...there were BAZILLIONS of red roses...MJ found stunning red carnations, purple carnations and finally a selection of white tulips for Kirsten. He then asked if I'd get him some flowers, and so we ended back up with the black eyed susans. 4 bouquets later and a surplus of 70 bucks compared to sending flowers and we were all very happy.
And then we did a Valentine sugar cookie decorating craft. Annabelle was mostly interested in eating the frosting and the sugar, forget the cookie.
For Valentine's day Mike sent the kids and I a giant Hershey's kiss and a stuffed animal to keep us company. It didn't take the kids long to dig in.
We spent the majority of the visit indoors but ventured out on one nice afternoon to play with the kids. 


And before Kir left us we took a moment to snap a couple pictures. This one resembles the many self portraits we took in college before going out to our girl scouts meetings and eating milk and cookies...(who knows if MJ might read this some day!)
And before Kir left us we took a moment to snap a couple pictures. This one resembles the many self portraits we took in college before going out to our girl scouts meetings and eating milk and cookies...(who knows if MJ might read this some day!)
No comments:
Post a Comment