Friday, March 6, 2009

A Barf day at the Zoo!

And nobody brought cake...

I decided to take the kids to the zoo today since the weather is supposed to turn ugly for the weekend. All was wonderful, the kids were having a good time, until Annabelle decided to throw up for the first time. She did it like an old pro, covering herself, me, the stroller, filling the food compartments on her stroller tray. Oh, the joys. Passersby asked what they could do to help with out slowing down to wait for an answer. Oh the genuine concern of strangers. The only people who stopped were those I warned about the barf puddle, and that was just to keep their kids from walking through it. Forget about the lady with the two kids, covered in barf, trying to maximize the absorbency of 10 baby wipes. Nice. Bell continued the barforama in her crib and then highchair. Had she not been so upset going to bed with out her vast assortment of stuffed friends I would have been in the shower upstairs washing the stroller. As it is it will have to wait till tomorrow. I don't want to risk waking her and it's not like the barf will go bad. :)

Before barforama we got a few good pictures. We still haven't seen the whole zoo/aquarium but MJ got to feed the goats. Annabelle when offered to feed the goats agreed and then just threw food at them. We let MJ finish up the feed. Annabelle is happier to leave the goats and sheep to Old McDonald. EIEIO!

In keeping with my awesome blog style, here comes the mass of pictures. They are pretty self explanatory.





A group shot. I love how MJ works hard to make the picture perfect! :P
So after that shot the nice girl taking our picture must have accidentally told Annabelle to smile...
See below...sure looks like a little girl about to hurl...










I was so bummed last time we went and I literally left my camera by the door. The tiger had sat for a moment looking right at me and the thought of missing that picture had haunted me. I was hoping to get another chance. Today gave me a shot.

1 comment:

The Browning Family said...

Hey, for comments sake I'll leave one at this post too. I left one down at the post about your little girl's hair - BTW - adorable!
Is she still sick? Do you need me to drop some Pedialite (sp?) by?
Give me a call or shoot an email if you do.
Throwing up is the WORST of ailments to deal with. All the stink, and laundry, etc...
Remember, I am only an email away.