Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

So the Easter Bunny managed to dig out our Easter baskets from a box stacked almost to the ceiling of our garage. Tough bunny, should give him a raise. The contents of the basket were a hit. The kids had mostly candy for breakfast. It was tough to just sit back and let them eat what they wanted, but I did for the most part. I tend to find the vast majority of holiday candy staling in the pantry. I remember thinking as a kid that my parents were strict with candy and then I remember being able to scarf down my Easter candy without explicit permission so I tried to be open to that. MJ's been really interested in volcanoes recently. I guess it's cause he can see Mt. Rainier from the car and we've talked about them a bit. Perhaps the Easter Bunny should have looked through the book first to see the 3 bodies preserved in lava rock. MJ thought they were frogs. When I told him what they were he said we'd have to be the fastest runners in the world to out run the volcano if it erupted. Hummm...let's hope we didn't put too scary of thoughts in his imaginative head! We had a couple families over today who have husbands/fathers with Mike. The Easter Bunny graciously delivered all of the eggs for the kids to our house, and in a shiny new laundry basket that I needed to boot. Cool bunny!


I bought Annabelle an Easter dress. I love it. She wore it for about an hour before she started pulling it over her head saying, "off!" So we changed her out of it eventually but not before I tried to get a good picture of her. Here she is doing her signature walk. I need to stop watching America's Next Top Model!
And her signature goofy smile.

They look thrilled to be stuck to the stairs again having to take a picture.

Always cooperative those two are! Each of them got one of those chicks that chirp when the sensors touch your warm skin. The kids really liked them.

Not sure I get the pose, but they look cute!
Scenes from the Easter party.



She was asking all evening for another, "pop." A bit of a candy lover this girl is!
The kids really cooperate for pictures together. Sorry honey, we tried!
And tried. This was after a little bit of threatening!
Getting ready for the Easter Egg Scramble (no hunt, it was pouring outside!)

Annabelle didn't understand why we weren't opening the eggs and eating the candy.
Checking out the finds before cutting the cake.Not only was it Easter but it marks the halfway point for us too. So I opted for a cake to celebrate that alongside our Easter celebration. It was a really nice day and especially nice to share the holiday with friends.

1 comment:

The Browning Family said...

You about made me cry! Loved this post! Loved it...