Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Your wish is my command!

It snowed here today, AGAIN! I can't say that I am thrilled about it. I've come to enjoy taking MJ to swim lessons. I get to chat with a friend and have a few moments without someone asking for something! Then the snow came and I realized we would have to miss class today. I wrote to Mike saying how I wasn't up for taking the kids out. Of course being a snow lover he asked me to take them out anyway. I cannot deny him! His argument that his fondest childhood memories are from playing in the snow was very compelling. Calling me the coolest mom in the world didn't hurt either.


I'm not even saying how many times I tried to take a picture with the three of us in it before I remembered Mike's brilliance at turning the screen around so I could see it. Alas, I'm not looking at the lens when the picture was taken.
The battery ran out on the camera soon after and we just played. The kids both sledded down the driveway. We made snowballs and chucked them, and some we wore on our heads. Once the offer for hot chocolate was on the table we came in to thaw out. As usual, Mike was right. The kids had a great time. Well, eventually Annabelle did. She was quite frustrated by her gloves but would have been one angry baby had she not worn them. At one point she took them off and felt the snow. There was no resistance when I went to put them back on. And for me...well I melted the snow with my burning hand! Haha, actually the nerves on my hand near the burn are pretty shot and it really doesn't hurt that much.

1 comment:

The Browning Family said...

You are a cool mom. Phillip called me and asked if it was snowing - I confirmed that and he said "Why don't you let the kids go out and play in it?" I said, "Because you aren't here and that is ALOT of work for your poor pregnant wife to have to go through for a tiny bit of fun." He said I wasn't very nice...jokingly. I just was not feeling well, and wet-cold-snow didn't sound fun. So good job, cool Mom!