So if you've visited my photography website recently you've seen the kids' Valentine photos. What's missing are the pictures of Annabelle afterwards when she got to continue gnawing, licking, and building up huge amounts of pink drool. It was literally rolling off her elbows pooling in her lap. I had to snap a few.
Tonight was the second movie night in Mommy and Daddy's bed. MJ gets to pick a movie and a special snack and stay up after we put Annabelle in bed and hang out, just us. He and I both really look forward to this time together. He's still so obsessed with Monster Jam and so for the second week in a row we watched one of his Monster Jam World Finals DVDs. This kid is hysterical. I don't think he stopped talking the entire time. And I'm not exaggerating. He discussed his plans for acquiring his monster truck when he's an adult. He has planned out how many days it will take him to go get the truck, pick out his gear, stay at hotels (and eat breakfast there), visit the hotel pool, and have his truck packed on a truck with hard stuff on the wheels so it won't break and move it with us on our moves. He told me he'll have his own phone and GPS so we can talk and he can find me. I probably shouldn't put this out there but he said he'd share his truck with me. And in his sweet and literal view of me and the world explained that he would get himself a big Monster truck suit and me a fat monster truck suit. I cringed but know he meant nothing ill by it and loves me just how I am. I on the other hand hate me just the way I am and knowing that my child recognizes this "fault" may have just given me the kick in the pants that I needed. So together he and I have planned how I can not be fat anymore! He told me I was already doing it since I was eating raspberries as my movie snack and he was eating Whoppers. The he said when Annabelle naps we could come in my room and lift weights together. I love how honest kids are even though at times it makes me uncomfortable. So all excuses are gone now I suppose. Annabelle naps daily and I typically use that time to catch up on e-mail and other computer related tasks. I guess MJ is right, I could be using that time to take care of myself and get back in shape. Stay tuned....
1 comment:
You are a funny woman! I will gladly be your cheerleader! Just think of the suprise your husband will have if you start with a plan now and stick with it until he is home...
I will ask how it is going on Tuesday...
be good.
Post a Comment