Since living in Rhode Island both Mike and I have sworn that we wouldn't miss the chance to see the state of Maine. Well we both heard the clock ticking away and decided this was our weekend to go. So did everyone else. We couldn't find a room in any of the areas we wanted to stay but the base had room and it was $26/night. Well the room was perfect so hooray for us! We drove up Saturday morning and I took a bunch of blurry pics out the window of the breath taking fall colors. Well first there was the bridge in Boston. It's just cool looking.
These are on 95 probably somewhere in New Hampshire. There would be bursts of fantastic color and then parts that hadn't turned yet or where all the leaves had already fallen.
This pic was in Freeport, ME at a stoplight. I never really got a chance to take my time and get some great shots of the leaves, most of them were through the windshield!
We basically went on our friend/neighbor's advice on things to do since we've never been and didn't have time to plan. We stopped at Wolf's Neck Farm in Freeport first. We took a little hayride around the farm. Annabelle learned a new animal and sound. Pointing at the cows it sounded a bit like this, shrieking "Dow! Boooo!" 
We went for a walk at the park there. MJ got to be Survivor Guy again and rock climb.
While he climbed we took pictures of Annabelle who found the joy in throwing rocks...at us. She thought this was very very funny. 
I attempted to take the same number of pictures of MJ but he just doesn't have the patience for the camera. I still got this shot which I LOVE!
The sun was going down on our way out of the park. On our friend's advice we went to a sushi restaurant for dinner. The sushi was fantastic and Annabelle powered down almost a whole bowl of steamed edamame! We then retired to our room on base and listened to Annabelle scream for a half hour before we all fell asleep. Part two to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment