I was watching MJ play tonight with his baby doll. I'm not bothered by the fact that he likes to play with a doll. But Mike and I do get a kick out of it when his usual nurturing play is replaced by the ever developing all boy play. I overheard him talking to the doll. Here's what he said:
I'm sorry. You have to go to the doctors. (Shoving baby head first into his play microwave and attempting to shut the door which would not close) This is going to hurt a little but we have to do it. Oh no, you have to go to the hospital. (puts baby on a wooden tray and places it in the oven) I'm sorry baby, this will hurt a little but we'll do it really fast. It's going to get really hot. (twists the dials on the oven) When you get out I'll give you some food. (Removes baby from oven and pours water in its mouth, fakes gagging sounds and coughing noises) Oh, you're all better now. (Shows me the baby) He got new fingers at the doctor's office. I asked why he had to bake the baby, he said it wasn't an oven but it was a fridge. I asked why the baby would be getting hot...silly all knowing grin.
Awww, how sweet he is...nuke, bake and choke baby dolls all in the name of health.
December 2019 and January 2020
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment