Thursday, September 16, 2010

Is anybody out there still?

I have no idea where the time goes. I also wonder if anyone is actually reading these ramblings! The summer has now come to an end here. We spent a lot of it holed up avoiding the heat. The kids were pretty bored even though I tried to keep them entertained by things like Farm Camp and Cooking camp. The family purse couldn't afford weekly camps but we tried to keep things interesting as best we could. Most of the summer was dedicated to renovations in our house. Some for pleasure, some as repairs. I took a few pictures of our master bath before we started and am waiting to put some finishing touches up on it before I show a comparison.

School has started now. MJ is in the 1st grade. He's enjoying the energy of his young teacher. We're hoping he'll make some strong bonds this year. He's started baseball and continues cub scouts (anyone want popcorn?? Haha). Annabelle is back in the swing of dancing (just not swing dancing). She's a natural and I can't wait (ok, I don't want to rush things but I love watching her) till their spring program so she can show everyone what she's learned. She's also on a soccer team and does about as well as MJ did. If anyone doesn't remember MJ playing soccer just know that the term play is used loosely. Finley is just beautiful and so sweet. She smiles all the time and now that smile sports 3 beautiful white baby teeth....yes, 3...we're waiting on the second of her top teeth. She knows her name, loves to pull hair, and doesn't sleep through the night. Did I say how cute she is??? Someone remind me of that at 3 am!

I feel like when I come on here I have so much to catch up on that I can't just pop on for funny stories. I will try to be better as the year continues. It's much more enjoyable to blog if I know someone is reading. If you do make a habit of reading my blog, please post a comment. I'd like to know who's out there.

Ok, that's it for now. I know that pictures are what everyone enjoys most so I'll try to get some up here too.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Kelly. I am here. I check in every once and a while to catch up on your blog. I love the stories....and of course the pictures :) Kim

Anonymous said...

I am always checking your post. I do not blog, so I'm always happy to hear from you on this page.
Jz

Anonymous said...

Swaggermuffin, you know that I'm always reading this thing!

Jen said...

Love to come here and read all the fun/crazy stories!