Sunday, December 20, 2009

Santa!


We finally got the kids out to visit Santa at the mall. We braved the crowds and lines the last Saturday before Christmas. It actually wasn't that bad. The kids behaved in line and didn't bother me one bit...oh wait, that's because I was walking around the mall holding my cell phone waiting for Mike to tell me that they were close to the front of the line! Both kids happily sat in Santa's lap and told him what they'd like for Christmas. Annabelle after being told a number of times that Santa doesn't have time to paint her room finally conceded and told him she'd like fairy movies. MJ had to confirm that elves know how to make metal detectors. $15 and 1 5x7 later we have a memory to last a lifetime.


Today we're finishing up our final preparations for Christmas. The kids are getting more and more anxious about the Big Day, and honestly I think Mike and I are as well. Saying a prayer that the real meaning of Christmas doesn't get blurred by a sea of paper and ribbons. We keep reminding MJ and each other that the greatest gift of the season was the perfect life that Jesus lived to give us a path to Heaven.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

1 comment:

The Browning Family said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!
Belly is beautiful and MJ is so cute...