Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm back so it's going to be a long one!

It's been a while since I posted. I'm sorry for the delay. I think the last time I posted was around when Mike started to get access to Facebook so I've been posting more pictures on there. No help to those of you without facebook or not on my list so I apologize. Life has been hectic. We're busily doing nothing but frantic the entire time. Most of the time we spend outside, playing in the street or back yard. I took this first set of pictures yesterday and just played around with the edits for fun.
It is so tough to get a natural look from MJ when the camera is pointed at him. But this face is MJ through and through and I love it.


I'm not a fan of the conversion of this picture of Annabelle but I was too lazy to fix it. Kind of muddy looking. But her face is so cute I had to include it.
Annabelle can't leave MJ alone in time out so she joined him. I gave them some chive flowers and we made a photoshoot of it.
The kids really enjoy riding bikes, scooters, tricycles, etc. in the street. Our street is not busy and we are only a couple houses off the cul de sac so they have plenty of room to ride and very few cars to watch out for. Annabelle took this opportunity to try MJ's scooter while he ran inside. He freaked out when he got back outside and saw her with it. She just dropped it. Lesson learned I guess...freak less less gets dropped. I'll keep that in mind when she's holding breakables!
These two have generated quite a bond. Annabelle is always calling out to MJ when we're outside stuff like, "I love you, Aw Wae (MJ)" and "Come on Aw Wae, ride it!" In this picture Annabelle is actually kissing a boo boo MJ got from falling off his scooter.
I wish she would have looked at me but she's developing the same syndrome MJ has, camera avoidance. She had just called out to me to push her. What a princess!
I have no idea why I snapped this picture but I think it is one of my favorites of the day. She is so beautiful.
MJ's been working really hard to master his balance on the scooter. He's getting really good. He's also seemed to get over his tendency to give up. He'll fall over, scratch his leg, and get right back on. I'm so proud of him.
My baby boy had his last day of preschool on Monday. I can't believe this fall we'll be sending him to Kindergarten. As a sign of my baby fading into the man he will become, MJ lost his first tooth. It was fitting that it happened on his last day of preschool but it didn't make it easier for me to cope with. It had been loose for months and honestly I thought it would have been out before now but it held off. He was really excited about the tooth fairy visiting but too scared to pull the tooth himself so he waited.
At dinner I realized MJ's tooth was no longer in his mouth. He had swallowed it. That realization was immediately followed with a huge meltdown. As his mom I couldn't bare the sadness and promised to toilet dive and find the swallowed tooth. Thankfully I overcame my emotional response and suggested that if the tooth fairy was ok with a note instead we could skip the poop. He agreed, the tooth fairy came through for me and all was well in the land. MJ got a dollar and was so excited. He seems to think that his nice note is what got him the dollar instead of a quarter and plans to place all future teeth with a nice note to maximize her generosity.

Annabelle realized MJ was upset when he had swallowed his tooth so she provided some much needed comic relief by placing a metal bowl on her head and letting it crash to the floor.
Then she played the same game with MJ. She was trying really hard to cheer him up and even though the picture doesn't show it, she was successful.
When I first found our Annabelle was going to be Annabelle and not another boy I was so excited to buy girly things. This outfit had been calling to me from the racks and once the ultrasound confirmed my suspicions I went back out and bought it. It is the first outfit I bought for her so it was really neat to see her in it. She's just as beautiful as in my dreams so I had to take pictures.


We were just playing outside and her hair looked so funny. Poor kids and the Mamarazzi!
During a conversation with Kristi a few weeks ago, it was mentioned that Sunday was a good day for ice cream sundaes. As a surprise for the kids I bought them ice cream from Dairy Queen and let them eat outside before bed. MJ scarfed his caramel sundae down in no time while Annabelle struggled to eat more than she wore.


She was particularly bothered by the ice cream on her feet but I thought it was super cute.

Just a silly snapshot I took in my office while Annabelle wore my trashcan on her head.
Remember MJ's skateboard? Well he loves it. It scares the pants off me to watch him ride it especially since he thinks he can do all the tricks that the pro skateboarders do. Makes for fun pictures though and nothing is broken yet, knock on wood.




So now that we are all caught up stay tuned for more and more often.

1 comment:

The Browning Family said...

Ohhh... love the pics! Your children are so very animated and cute. Love Annabelle's expressions and MJ's ability to look so "professional" on his skateboard - I know I'm impressed!