Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Miscellany

I realized after I posted my last blog that I never put up the pics of the kids when we went to have breakfast with Santa. It was the one and only time Annabelle wore her Christmas dress. I never even got a great pic of her in it. She kept that cute bow in her hair until we got in the car. Then it was back to her typical troll hair. :)
Before Santa arrived the set up for pictures with him was available for us to pose the kids and take pics on our own. Oh, I forgot to mention this is at the church where MJ goes to preschool.

Annabelle enjoying her pancakes. When does Annabelle not look happy to be eating??
He loved that Santa hat. I think he wore it the entire day. He however did not love Santa and had to be convinced to sit in his lap. Smart kid. Weird tradition.
If I could put a thought bubble above Annabelle's head it would say something like, "I'm Annabelle, who the hell are you?"
Definitely not Santa's biggest fan. At this point I am cheering her on hoping for the famous down turned lip picture with Santa.

And boy does she have some lips to turn down. "Come get me Daddy!"

MJ's only in Santa's lap to tell him he wants some Monster Truck stuff..if he didn't really want it there is no way he would have gotten up there. And Annabelle still not happy.

Ok, I told him, I'm done. Can I get down now?

I'd rather admire him from afar...and watch him hike up his beard. Seriously there are plenty of bearded people around here, why couldn't one of them be Santa?
Check out the kids both on their toes looking for goodies in the Advent calendar. This is what they did every morning.
Annabelle had been crying for some reason. I just love her nightgown.
MJ was ready to go outside. This was the beginning of the snow fall we got here.


Annabelle got the bright hat this time.

It was barely enough snow to sled in but she had a great time. This was in our backyard.

Awww, a natural smile from Annabelle. Far different from her cheese face!

Odge worked really hard on his snowman.




There's the Frosty that Annabelle is constantly worrying about. Every time it rains or snows Frosty ends up folded in half or laying on his back. Annabelle panics and goes to Daddy to help Frosty. As a matter of fact, if we have gone out for a while, as soon as the car gets into the neighborhood Annabelle is saying "Hep, Eassie!" (Help Frosty)

The snowman stood for about 20 minutes before his head fell off. The carrot became a great snow gauge until the accumulation covered it up entirely.
MJ's preschool had a Christmas performance. Pictured here is his class, they were joined by the 3 year old class. MJ didn't cooperate at all. You'll notice he annoyed the boy next to him so much by the last pictures he isn't anywhere near MJ!

Look at those 7 children not following directions. Clearly this was the time to stick your tongue out!

What a poorly behaved bunch. I ordered a DVD of the performance. Too bad they didn't have MJ on the screen the whole time. If he was someone else's kid I would have been able to laugh. Although I'm not sure anyone found him all that funny (besides me!)
Annabelle decided to put on a little show of her own.

Hey, look at that. All the children are finally behaving!
This is MJ's new preschool teacher. It is a coop preschool so the other teachers in the class are parents
OK, so now you have seen the pre-Christmas festivities. We're pretty much caught up I think. Gotta run and watch some football with my family now.

No comments: