Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hoppy the Frog

Once upon a time there lived a Pacific Tree Frog named Hoppy.  He lived in our yard.  MJ was playing with a toy lawnmower and Hoppy hopped out of the grass.  MJ came to me and asked me to help him capture Hoppy.
We caught Hoppy and put him in MJ's bug catcher.  Hoppy was a small frog, about an inch and a half long.  I was happy cause Hoppy gave me the chance to play with my new Macro lens.  This is Hoppy laying next to a dandelion. 
MJ collected bugs and plants for Hoppy.  But soon I thought we should let Hoppy go.  He stopped hopping and I didn't want him to get hurt.
So MJ took Hoppy out of the bug catcher and held him for a while.
Until Hoppy hopped away!
Hoppy was happy in the grass.

MJ was very unhoppy, I mean unhappy.
MJ found Hoppy again in the hopes that Hoppy could become a happy member of the family.  
MJ caught him and kept him while I checked on what Hoppy would need from us to be our pet. I found that Hoppy could not legally be kept so we had to let him go.
Hoppy hopped up MJ's arm.


Hoppy then hopped away again and again MJ was unhappy.  

The end.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Kelly. What a great story. MJs face is precious! And I love his Gravedigger shirt...Jimmie would too!! BEAUTIFUL pictures like always!! Hope all is well!

Kim (BZ)

The Browning Family said...

Loved it. Poor little guy... MJ's face says it all. I forsee lot's of smuggled in frogs and bugs in your future.
Word to the wise: just do like I didn't: check pockets prior to washing the jeans. You never know what varmint still lingers in there. The stench of dead little crabs from the beach still resonates with me...